These are the guidelines (from the original QuiltCon post) to follow when constructing and submitting your blocks:
- Blocks should be 12½” tall x the width of your choice. That could mean 12½” x 5”, 12½” x 24”, or anything wider, more narrow, or in between. Be creative!
- Blocks should be machine pieced. Any piecing style is welcome, but please avoid using hand sewing, applique, embroidery, fabric markers, or any other embellishments.
- Please use only “quilt shop quality” 100% cotton or cotton/linen fabrics in colors consistent with the QuiltCon logo (tangerine, gold, citrine, lime, aqua, turquoise, white, and gray). Please feel free to include as many or few of the logo colors as you like, but avoid adding additional colors. Both print and solid fabrics are welcome.
- Use your own judgment when selecting thread. Our preference is white or light gray 100% cotton thread, but any coordinating thread of good quality will do.
- Each quilter may submit up to 3 blocks.
- Each submitted block must be accompanied by a Block Challenge Entry Form. If you are not handing in your blocks at the July 7 BAMQG meeting, please send your finished block(s) and entry form(s) by August 15, 2012 to: QuiltCon Block Challenge
c/o Elizabeth Hartman
PO Box 2309
Beaverton, OR 97075
Please bring/send only finished blocks. Partially completed blocks, additional fabric, or other supplies will hamper the process.
For more information about the QuiltCon Block Challenge, please refer to The MQG website.
The following stores have created fabric bundles in the QuiltCon logo colors:
Fat Quarter Shop
Pink Chalk Fabrics
An additional challenge with the same type of blocks to make a BAMQG guild banner is going on at the same time.