Sign ups have been posted for our 2013 Officers and Coordinators on the Forum. Come on over and tell Adrianne which one you want! http://bamodernquiltguild.ning.com/forum/topics/iso-officers-and-coordinators-2013
Remember: Many hands make light work. Everyone can contribute. We need all of your talents, even if you have a small amount of time. How will you contribute?
Lots of swap fun is in the works: Pincushion Swap and Fat Quarter Swap
The Pincushion Swap is "extra-guildular" and is being hosted and coordinated by the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild. Each person who wants to participate will make a pincushion in the modern aesthetic. Please do not include anything breakable, put it in a plastic zipper bag and bring it to the next meeting, labeled with your name, blog and/or email address and a description of the filling. These will be send to KC and they will send us a box back.
Fat Quarters will be swapped at the December meeting. Bring a wish list to Amanda on November 3 with your color, fabrics wishes and we will swap 5-8 FQs at the December meeting. You will paired with someone else in the guild and commit to bringing 5-8 FQs for your partner, new (unless someone requests an out of print fabric, of which you have a piece) and prettily wrapped.
Whole Cloth Challenge
The works that people came up with were really great. We saw wall hangings, pillows, table mats and lots of other pieces. Thanks to Ruth for organizing.
Thanks to Aurifil for sponsoring this challenge.
Show & Tell, as usual exhibited the great talent of the guild. A separate post will be written with more photos and details of the show and tell for October. Stay tuned.
Only a few blocks were shown for the end of the alphabet. Jaye and Rhonda both showed their Y and Z blocks. We would like to show these quilts as a group at the San Mateo County Fair in May. The next deadline is to bring your finished top to the December Meeting, December 1.
- Ruth's QuiltCon block was chosen for the QuiltCon raffle quilt. Read more about her selection on the blog post and more about the QuiltCon Block Challenge in this series of posts.
- Thanks to Warm Company for donating batting for the door prize.
- The BAM series will continue with binding at the next meeting (November 3). If you have a unique way of binding or something about binding you would like to share, contact Rhonda.
- PIQF is next week, October 10-14
- Charity Sew Day October 21
- BAMQG Meeting, November 3, 1-5
- FQ Requests due to Amanda, November 3
- Pincushions due to Adrianne, November 3
- Binding Demo, November 3
- Sew Day, November 17
- Black Friday Sew-in November 23 on Twitter (hashtag #BFSI)
- BAMQG Holiday Party and Sew Day [Meeting], December 1, Los Altos Library (note change of venue!)
- FQs for Swap due December 1
- A-B-C Challenge tops done, December 1
- Shower of Stars, SCVQA Show, April 21-22, 2013