1. Name change passed. We are now Bay Area Modern: a Quilt Guild
2. Charity: 117 quilts were donated
3. Challenge: minimalist quilts from Minimalist challenge were due and were shown at Show & Tell
- The new challenge is Text. Karen recapped all the elements of modern quilts (no borders, pixellation, texture and words). Put words on your quilt. Either use text fabric or create your own words. Say something / express yourself. The challenge is due at the February meeting.
- Saturday January 7 is a Sew Day
- Saturday January 21st is next meeting. Yes, it is the women's march, but you can make both the meeting and the march since the march starts at 5pm in San Francisco.
- Saturday February 4 is a charity Sew Day
- QuiltCon is February 23-26 in Savannah, GA
- January: dues are due. Dues are $40. Check the membership page for information